The Warren County Assessment Office is primarily responsible for the valuation of real property for ad valorem (at value) tax purposes, including the management of all property characteristics and ownership records. This office does not establish the real estate tax levy; it is responsible for the valuation (commonly known as the assessment) of all real property in Warren County.
Based on those assessments, the County, municipalities, and school districts establish budgets and necessary millage rates to generate revenue, apply those millage rates to individual property assessments, thereby producing individual property tax levies.
The Assessment Office also administers the Homestead and Farmstead Program (Act 50 and Act 1), the Clean and Green Preferential Assessment Program (Act 319), creates and maintains all mapping including GIS (geographical information system) mapping and creates and maintains all addressing for the E911 numbering system for new construction.
The office is further responsible for the production of tax duplicates, resulting in the preparation and delivery of County and municipal real estate tax notices for the 21 townships, 5 boroughs and 9 city wards in Warren County.
Real Estate Assessments
The County's last reassessment was completed in 1989. The real estate assessments represent 50% of 1989 market values.
Assessment Database Now Online
Warren County’s Assessment Data is now online. You may search for properties using an address, owner’s name, and a variety of other methods and codes. The data is available free of charge as a public service to the community.
- 2020 Millages Levied on Real Estate for Warren County (PDF)
- 2021 MILLAGE RATES (PDF)
- Act 319 Questions and Answers (Clean and Green) (PDF)
- Appeals Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Change of Address Form (PDF)
- Clean and Green Valuation Application (PDF)
- District (Municipality) Codes (PDF)
- Municipal Secretaries (PDF)
- Municipal Tax Collectors (PDF)
- Notification of Conveyance for Properties Enrolled Under the Pennsylvania Farmland and Forest Land Assessment Act of 1974 (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Realty Transfer Tax - Common Level Ratio (CLR) Real Estate Valuation Factors for Warren County (PDF)
- Property Tax Relief Application for Homestead and Farmstead Exclusions (PDF)
- Uniform Parcel Identifier Implementation (PDF)
- Warren County Assessment Appeal Form (PDF)
- Warren County Assessment Fee Schedule (PDF)